24 February 2010

monster ballads.


i was inspired to finally write a new post by jenkem lucas walters (jenkem isn’t in the word dictionary…wtf? oh and i seriously need to stop swearing. it’s just never good. okay seriously, do you see how scattered my thoughts are?). he brought up a very good point about his mind being too full to think straight. then, by connecting it to his journal entries from childhood, it reminded me of how frightened i am to continue growing up. and jacob, i am not copying you, this is just vital for my thought process, but i actually decided to go look at my old journals too. the first one i found was my ‘cool girls’ book. it’s actually really cute because it asks you questions instead of just leaving you pages of blank space, which can be very intimidating to a 7 year old. this is the first full entry i filled out (the bold is what was prewritten in the book and the italics are written by my 7 year old self):



cece
today’s date feb 15, monday
today i was feeling: cute, silly, happy, stupid, playful, fabulous, hip, geeky, dazed.
i was feeling kind of: happy.
i looked: silly.
my hair was: ugly.
it was great when: i got this book.
school was: not today
my wish for today: is that mommy coms home tonit
today i had: fun
on a scale from 1-10 my day was: 6
one more thing about today: i dont know

okay, so i would just like to comment on a couple things. number one, i am confused by the fact that it was monday and yet, i claimed school was ‘not today’. i also don’t understand how i didn’t know how to spell comes and tonight…i was seven, not five. but whatever, that’s not the point at all. the point is how simple my mind was. my biggest wish that i could think of was for my mommy to come home from her 3-day trip to boston (this was probably day 1). the highlight of my day was getting my cool girls diary…and i didn’t think that was sad at all. and how on earth could i not think of ONE more interesting think about my day that day? but, at the time, none of these things mattered to me. what was most important was that my daddy would play ‘the chasing game’ with me when we got home. i didn’t even take into account that i probably had no plans for the rest of the week, that there were hundreds of kids dying from aids in africa, that the boy i liked could’ve talked to another girl at recess that day. adults always say to appreciate your innocence while you have it. but, honestly, if you’re so busy appreciating your innocence, how will you get the chance to enjoy it? that’s such stupid advice. i so miss being able to swim in the pool for hours pretending to be a mermaid, messing up my room and not having to clean it up ten minutes (tops) later. the list just goes on and on and i’m not trying to feel sorry for myself, i’m just putting my thoughts down on paper…or computer screen, i guess. i just hate how quickly innocence is taken from you. but back to my original thought…i’m so scared to get older. if it’s already this hard, how will i survive another day? every experience just brings more clutter for my mind, and it is nowhere near as easy to organize as my room. and now i’ve lost my train of thought so, to conclude, i will fill out a current cool girls diary entry: (fyi, the ‘today i was feeling’ and ‘today i had’ sections have a bunch of words that you circle, so i’m not awkwardly coming up with these on my own)

today’s date february 24th, 2010, wednesday.
today i was feeling: happy, stupid, dazed, jealous, smart, frustrated.
i was feeling kind of: confused.
i looked: like a mom, according to jeff. tight.
my hair was: awkwardly too straight.
it was great when: i got to drive alone for a while.
school was: fine, but it would’ve been better if i’d actually showed up to p.e.
my wish for today: that my dad would come home.
i couldn’t believe it when: i actually wrote a page & a half long blog post.
i cried when: i thought about everything.
today i had: fun, a crush, a special event, a tummy ache, a surprise, a good day.
on a scale from 1-10 my day was: 8
one more thing about today: i honestly wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for my friends. i love you.

p.s. josh ritter at his finest:

1 thought(s):

Christian Jacob Frandsen said...

Hooray! You blogged again. I love that you had a book like that. Eva had a "Me" book but it was gender neutral and I totally hijacked it. Granted, she was like four and I was maybe six, so hopefully that doesn't make me too horrible of a person. Anyway, once you leave high school growing up is a lot less scary. At least that's my experience with it. Life is still hard, and in some ways harder than high school, but lots of the most daunting challenges that you face while you're still living at home and going to high school sort of dissolve when you're on your own at college. That's how it's been for me and I'd imagine that's how it will be for you. So don't fret. Post again soon, I really enjoy reading.

Post a Comment