15 July 2011

"i've got no problem explaining what my lyrics are about"

oh, to be adele.
although, i have to say, i like her first album even better.


i don't even know where to start with this one. besides my mother, of course, this woman is my idol. i really don't know how to approach my admiration without sounding cheesy, but she's just so powerful. today, i was thinking about how she remade love song by the cure. the lyrics "whatever words i say, i will always love you"...don't they just sound like they would typically come from a man? there's something about her music that just doesn't have boundaries. she says the things we're scared to say. now, don't get me wrong, i'm not going all 'power to the women' over here...i'm more just getting at 'power to the adeles of the world'. singing to every song on the two albums we've been graced with in my car has become a favorite past time. tickets to her august concert though? $200...someday i'll get there. i'm still waiting on blink, too. anyway, just had to have a dedication. adele, chili peppers, and a newly discovered alex clare have taken over the summer. ta ta for now (in a british accent).

0 thought(s):

Post a Comment