04 April 2010

listen to the music of the moment.

i cried last night. i cried for the first time in a week and, embarrassingly enough, that’s a long time for me. there’s this thing about crying. everyone thinks it’s a sad thing, when really, crying is the best escape i can think of. when you start crying, there’s something there that’s making you feel sad or sentimental. but when you stop crying, there’s a reason there too. there’s this huge sense of relief when you finally realize that there’s no reason to cry anymore. catharsis- it’s kind of the only way i know how to clean my mind out. and, trust me, my mind needs a lot of cleaning (or more organization, i guess). sometimes, all you can do is cry. you can’t take on the world, because you have to take on yourself first (™ jack g.). the thing is, you are your world. the world doesn’t revolve around one person, right? but our lives are our own. the only thing that will, no matter what, always stay constant in your life is you. so finding oneself might as well be taking on the world. right now, the only thing i know to do is live for now. if i’m happy, i’m happy, not worried that tomorrow i’ll be sad. if there’s a goal i’m trying to accomplish, i’m working on that goal, not thinking about all the other ones i can’t be working on. when i was little, i would cry because my friend was being mean to me. now, when i cry, it’s because i’ve lost trust in the world, because i can’t understand what some of my friends are going through, because i don’t know how to control my own life. it’s never going to be simple again. but sometimes, all you can do is cry. learn who you are and learn to understand.

“i shall pass through this world but once.  any good, therefore, that i can do or any kindness that i can show to any human being let me do it now.  let me not defer or neglect it, for i shall not pass this way again.”
jerry lewis

3 thought(s):

Anonymous said...

im so proud of you..i actually get to click "older posts" now! you are on your way to blogging with the best of them. in fact you already are :)

andd i now get excited when i see there's new post from YOU. (just like my other favs tehe <3 )

Anonymous said...

i didn't know a proper place to put this comment so im commenting on this post again.

......

i do enjoy your new "follow the sun" banner tehe :)

Hillary said...

this is beautiful! with your permission, i would love to include this on my blog so other girls can read about your incredible insight. i will keep in anonymous of course....but i couldn't have said it better myself and feel it's important for other teens to learn from each other...not just an adult "saying stuff". :) let me know if it's ok. keep being happy. xoxo

Post a Comment